WANT TO BE PROMOTED ON OUR SITE?
Established over 40 years, Architectural Heritage has a worldwide reputation for providing Period and Fine Reproduction Garden Ornament and a personal service to discerning professional and private clients alike.
To complement the extensive inventory of Antique Garden Statuary, Fountains, Urns, Seats, Sundials etc, Architectural Heritage has developed a collection of Fine Reproduction Garden Ornament and Hand Carved Stone Chimneypieces; employing the talents of Master Craftsmen in the disciplines of stone and marble masonry, bronze and lead casting and age-patinated artificial stone, to recreate the very best of 18th and 19th Century design.
Architectural Heritage undertakes commissions to client specifications for Garden Ornament and Chimneypieces. Delivery and shipping worldwide can be arranged. The full inventory is on display in the galleries and grounds of Taddington Manor and available to view on our regularly updated website. Please do contact us for further information or to receive our latest catalogues.
An 18th Century Lead figure of Bacchus
Stock Number: /GSO
Height 107.00 cm [3 ft 6 ins]
Sir Albert Richardson
From the workshops of John Cheere 1709–1787.
Bacchus or Dionysus for the Greek – well known as the god of wine and general excess - is shown here holding grapes aloft, his hair entwined with vine leaves and naked bar a loose tunic fashioned from a tiger skin; probably an allusion to his great triumphal caravan drawn variously by tigers and leopards.
Two magnificent 19th century Italian seated marble lions
Stock Number: 11501/GSO
Height 107.00 cm [3 ft 6 ins]
Width 46.00 cm [1 ft 6 ins]
Depth 61.00 cm [2 ft ]
Circa 1890. Seated on their haunches the lions look straight forward holding in their teeeth a ribbon which cascades down terminating in a scroll.
A large medieval carved limestone long fingered mouth puller gargoyle
Stock Number: 11731/GSO
Height 37.00 cm [1 ft 3 ins]
Width 52.00 cm [1 ft 8 ins]
Depth 71.00 cm [2 ft 4 ins]
Collection of Peter Inskip M.B.E.
Acquired from an unknown Church in 1959 by Mr E. Clayson of Harrold - a builder who worked on several Churches in North Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Also known as a 'mouth gaper' this type of gargoyle is thought to represent the sin of gluttony or possibly allude to, as with other examples, 'face pulling' or gurning, a common medieval competition!
This gargoyle, a word derived from the French 15th century word 'Gargouille' (throat), is a hybrid, possibly a griffin or a harpie. It is of an unusually large scale and in good condition considering its age, being both intentionally grotesque, to ward of evil spirits, and practical, as a gutter to throw water clear of Church/Cathedral walls.
A mid 20th century lead fountain of 'A Boy with Swan' after the model by Theodore Kalide (1801 -1863)
Stock Number: 11899/GSO
Height 115.00 cm [3 ft 9 ins]
Width 125.00 cm [4 ft 1 ins]
Depth 83.00 cm [2 ft 9 ins]
Provenance: Hazelwood Castle, Yorkshire, England
Executed in 1836 for the gardens at Pfaueninsel in Berlin. It was cast by the Berlin founders M. Geiss, cast in bronzed zinc and exhibited at the 1851 Great Exhibition where it was acquired, or should I say given, by King William and Queen Augusta of Prussia to Prince Albert and Queen Victoria for their gardens at Osborne House.
Please contact Alex Puddy for any further information
Tel: +44 (0) 1386 584414
Fax: +44 (0) 1386 584236
|Copyright © THE SCULPTURE WEBSITE 2017||Web Design by 7Soft/WSI Yorkshire|